I’ve got an awesome podcast episode for you, co-hosted by Eric Shimelpfenig from SketchThis.net. We both got the chance to hang out together at the World Maker Faire 2012 NY, and the Sketchup 3D Basecamp conference in Colorado. Two of the coolest events I’ve ever been to.
If you weren’t able to make it to either one, don’t worry! Eric and I will tell you everything you missed during this episode.
Listen to the podcast using the play button above, or subscribe using one of the links below.
In this Episode
If you missed the Maker Faire or Basecamp, catch up with this podcast episode to learn about the latest news and announcements from the events.
We talk about how Trimble had the biggest 3D printer at Makerfaire (controlled by satellite, of course) , how you may find your next job working for Sketchup, along with why Mike Tadros from Go-2-School may be the ultimate Sketchup Master.
In this episode you’ll learn about
- Other design software ( AutoCAD, Cabinetvision, 20/20, Rhino )
- World Maker Faire 2012 NY
- Sketchup 3D Basecamp 2012 Plenty of videos
- What is 3D printing?
- Announcements made at Basecamp
- How Eric and I feel about Trimble taking over Sketchup
- What are Dynamic Components?
Links mentioned in this Post
- AIA Convention (The American Institute of Architects)
- Makerbot – 3D printers
- Replicator G – Open source software for 3D printers
- Trimble – Owner of Sketchup
- Trimble GCS900 – Bulldozer grade control system
- Gatewing – UAV
- Picasa & Google Earth
- STL Exporter
- Sketchup Pictionary
- Go-2-School Sketchup training, tutorials
- Nick Sonder Using Sketchup and Layout
- 3Dvinci Bonnie Roskes