I’m very excited to announce the official launch the MasterSketchup podcast. I’ve been talking about it for a couple months now, and it’s finally here! You can listen to it right here on the website using the play button above, or subscribe below.
In this Episode
In this episode, I’ll tell you a little bit about myself; How I got started with Sketchup, and why I started MasterSketchup.com. I’ll then explain the purpose of this podcast, and what you can come to expect from future episodes. It’s going to be a little bit different from what you’ve come to expect on the website. I’ve got a lot of exciting things coming up for the podcast, and I really hope you enjoy it.
In the main segment of this episode, I’ll talk about Trimble, the company who now owns Sketchup. I’ve checked out some of the other companies they own (besides Sketchup), and I found a number of them are software companies. Some of them are even 3D modeling programs. Really interesting insight into Trimble, I hope you enjoy it. If you missed any of the links mentioned in the episode, you can get them below.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- How I got introduced to Sketchup
- Why I find Sketchup to be a fun and easy 3D modeling program
- Why I started MasterSketchup.com
- What to expect from this podcast
- Who is Trimble?
- What are some other companies Trimble owns?
Links mentioned in this post
- Google Earth
- MasterSketchup YouTube Channel
- Meridian’s Prolog Software
- Tekla BIMsight
- Gatewing UAV
- Why Google Doesn’t NEED Sketchup Anymore
- Sketchup 3D Basecamp 2012